Clear Path for Veterans has partnered with NAMI Syracuse to bring NAMI Homefront, Peer-to-Peer classes to our campus.
NAMI Homefront is a free, 6-session educational program for families, caregivers, and friends of military service members and veterans with mental health conditions to help them move beyond assumptions and pick up on cues to understand what lies beneath a specific behavior.
Classes address the unique needs of family, caregivers, and friends of those who have served or are serving our country. Taught by trained family members of service members/veterans with mental health conditions, this program provides the opportunity for mutual support and shared positive impact.
Participants learn how to:
• Care for yourself, including managing your stress
• Support your family member with compassion
• Identify and access federal, state, and local services.
• Stay informed on the latest research and information
• Navigate the challenges and impact on the entire family
• Manage a crisis
• Solve problems
• Communicate effectively
Participants experience compassion and reinforcement from people who relate to their experiences. We offer two ways to participate: in person and online in a virtual classroom with the same level of interaction and learning.