NAMI Family-to-Family is a free, eight session educational program for family members, significant others, and friends of people living with mental health conditions. The course is taught by NAMI-trained family members who can relate, and includes presentations, discussions and interactive exercises.
Sessions begin September 6 and are held every Wednesday at 5:00 pm for eight weeks.
Learn how to:
• Care for yourself, including managing your stress
• Support your family member with compassion
• Identify and access federal, state, and local services.
• Stay informed on the latest research and information
• Navigate the challenges and impact on the entire family
• Manage a crisis
• Solve problems
• Communicate effectively
Participants experience compassion and reinforcement from people who relate to their experiences. We offer two ways to participate: in person and online in a virtual classroom with the same level of interaction and learning.
Our culinary team will provide a complimentary dinner to all who attend in person and offer free on-site childcare.
Registration is required; if you are interested in attending, contact VA Recovery Coordinator Ann Canastra at (315) 412-3019 or by email at email@example.com.